Weekend Wears: Lace & A Simple Stroll
















Will is gone for work this week; he's out surveying/counting fish carcasses in the woods or something. Saying goodbye at 6:00 am is not fun. This is the longest we will have been apart to date, and with him out all week I had a feeling I might be a bit of a home-body these next few days. Which is all right, I've got a bottle of wine and some Netflix. But with that foresight I made an effort for us to get out a bit this weekend and spend time together. Saturday there were lots of errands to run, but we ended the night sitting down together over some greasy, mediocre chinese food :) Sunday we got up early and piled the pups + one in the car (we're dog sitting) for a hiking adventure (pictures to come). These were taken post hike, when we had to go back out to make an exchange of something bought the day before. Will had the lovely idea to go for a walk around Kathryn Albertson's park, while we were downtown, before heading home. So I took off my dirty hiking attire, combed out my tangled hair, and threw back on the dress I had worn the day before.

Outfit details
dress: Bohme, last year 
belt: from a different dress
bag: Target, a few years ago (similar/similar)
flip flops: Maurices, ages ago (similar)
sunnies: ModCloth
bracelet: borrowed

You'll probably see this dress pop up quite a bit come fall/winter; it is my favorite. I've been rolling the sleeves up a bit lately and it feels completely different. I love that I can wear it with anything or on it's own, and always feel so chic. But it's best with boots.

I hope your weekend was lovely as well.

7 comments :

  1. Candace PappasAugust 19, 2013

    I adore these photos. And I am not feeling prompted to go out to a park with my dear Timothy. Though, I think I'll wait until Florida stops beating us down with its disgusting heat. :)

    quirkycan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your dress is amazing. I absolutely love it and would buy it in an instant! In an unrelated note, I just bought my first dresses from modcloth. They are having a 70% off sale on some items and I can't wait!!!!!! I've been drooling over their stuff for EVER and now that, uh, they are reasonably affordable...I grabbed a few!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your week without your man!

    That last photol, the giagantic tree stump I'm assuming that's what it is at least is the coolest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, lady! I bet this dress is a perfect layering piece. Being separated from your partner is always difficult, but it sounds like you've got a good week planned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That place looks fun! And that dress is super cute :)


    xo
    Amy
    artoftheheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex[andra]August 21, 2013

    Just came across your blog while looking for alternatives to Passionfruit/Googling swap ads (as I haven't done that yet).

    Your blog design is absolutely gorgeous! I noticed that the copy write is by you. You've done a fantastic job!

    Newest follower, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CuddlyCactiOctober 22, 2013

    that location is so gorgeous!! i can't even get over that incredible tree stump. beautiful lace dress, fun to see it in summer.

    ReplyDelete