Today I'm Catching Up

Ready for a random post?

Last week seems like a complete blur to me; it is difficult for me to separate the days from one another in my memory. Does that ever happen to you? It does to me every so often. After spending last weekend up in the mountains, in such peace and beauty, coming home to repetitive days was difficult and melancholy. I kept pushing back things I wanted to get done and maybe making a few excuses, too. I spent most of my time reading and taking care of a sick Will. It's pretty easy to justify wearing comfy clothes all week, drinking lots of tea, and watching movies/reading in bed when it's stormy outside and your love is sick and in need of snuggles.

This weekend sure helped shake those lazy, grumpy feelings a little bit. We took it easy for the most part, mostly just spent time running errands and with Will's family. And reading (for me) and gaming (for him). But I also did something impulsive. If you follow me on instagram, you know I cut my hair on Friday afternoon. Like completely off. Sorry if I scared some of you with my impulsiveness (and with the fact that I cut my hair myself). Spontaneous hair decisions are the only hair decisions I ever make. For some reason, chopping off all that hair was like hitting a reset button. I instantly felt like myself again, and I wasn't even aware that I wasn't feeling like myself. I've always been inclined to short hair and have had a short style most of my life. After making the initial cut (I divided it in two, secured it with hair ties, and chopped it to just above my shoulders), it was as if a huge weight was lifted off of me. I feel like I had been wearing a blanket over my head for a year or two. But now I am feeling pretty and confident and those are nice things.

Sorry for the photobooth quality, I haven't taken any pictures lately...
Now I feel like I must play catch up. Just a bit, though. I have some exciting things planned for this week, but I was hoping to have them prepared already. Today and tomorrow I am going to be busy busy busy, so I can hopefully have it complete and ready for you by Wednesday (get excited). I've already got my 'get stuff done' playlist blasting.

Hoping you are all well and less behind on everything than I am :)

9 comments :

  1. Your hair is beautiful. I'm glad you feel more like yourself. I'm so waiting for my hair to grow back because I feel weird without my mane! Can't wait to see what you have planned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the short hair :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this exact same thing a few months ago! I have always had long hair, and one afternoon I decided to cut it to just below my chin. I followed a YouTube tutorial, but it definitely didn't turn out nice and straight! It gave the husband a bit of a shock when he came home. I've always been super impulsive with haircuts too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The short hair is beautiful, you did a beautiful job cutting it yourself! I know what feeling of not feeling like yourself, like you've lost a spark in your step then you make a change and snap back to yourself. I feel like that when I let my bangs get too long and haven't realized it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so pretty! You cut it by yourself??! Awesome! That takes guts! And talent--it turned out so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your short hair! I've been trying to decide whether or not to let my hair grow out or keep it shorter. I miss topknots and messy buns and braids, but I love how chic shoulder-length bobs look. You might've convinced me to keep it short!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your short hair. Maybe you can't do as many (if any) up-dos with it, but is also so much easier to maintain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thanks. I've been cutting it myself for years, since I had to get it trimmed so often when I had a pixie. It just takes a lot longer (I spent four hours on this cut!) and a trustful helper to hold a mirror while you do the back and to tell you where to fix spots :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, that is so great! I was nice and warned Will what he was going to come home to (but he really likes my short hair so it wouldn't have been too shocking either way).

    ReplyDelete