Goals for March



We're four days into March and I'm still having a hard time accepting that February is over. It's like I fell asleep January 31st and woke up March 1st. Which is strange, because the last short little month was one of the craziest times in my life, as well as one of the busiest. I guess all of those long days began to morph into one after awhile and time seemed irrelevant for a bit. Which is silly, because so many things were on a deadline. Anyway... I'm a day late, but I'm linking up with Melyssa over at The Nectar Collective for monthly wishes.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FEBRUARY IN REVIEW
+ So many of my yearly goals got bumped to the back of my priority list this last month. I don't usually let stress affect me too thoroughly; I am a highly sensitive person but I am also a planner and a thinker, so I get over most hardships that arise fairly quickly. But, I am the type of person that, when going through many changes and stresses at once, will let anxiety quickly take over. This past month is one of the worst times I've had yet, anxiety wise. When this happens, I don't have energy for things like reading, workouts, or blogging. Which is silly, because those are all such great stress releasors (usually).
+ I did accomplish my goal of getting out of the house more, though. It was basically a necessity, though. The mess at the old place was a little too much to handle at times, and while out searching for our new place we made an effort to take to enjoy walks and hikes. Hiking the foothills (especially), at this time, definitely helped clear the mind and help bring in to focus what I wanted from a new place and what I want to accomplish in this next phase in my life.
+ Because I have been out hiking and walking so much, even more so now that we live right on the trails, I have definitely still been getting exercise. But, I am not to the point I would have been had I been able to continue with the progress I had already made in January. The schedule I had created, tough workouts 5 days a week, was way to much for me while dealing with everything else. But I won't be starting from nowhere when I start up again regularly.
+ I also have made little progress on my reading, so I'll have two books to share with you at the end of this month. I haven't had much time to work on my design shop, so the launch date on that will be pushed back significantly.

GOALS FOR MARCH
+ I'm so happy to be back to an almost normal schedule again. I've been waking daily at 6:30, making coffee and breakfast, packing a lunch for Will and getting him off to work (on weekdays), walking or hiking with Pippin, showering, then starting my 'work' day by 9:00. I would love to keep this morning schedule up, and even continue it on the weekends (not sleeping-in), so that I have a healthy and regular sleep pattern. I feel so much better for it already.
+ In addition to healthy sleep, I'd like to add more workouts into my schedule. We were so lucky to find this place, because it is exactly what we wanted. We feel secluded up here nestled on the hill side, but are still close to downtown. Everything is easy biking distance, just a few skips away is Camels Back park, and hundreds of miles of trails are outside our door. Exercise and activity will come easily here. The day we moved and a few after, were so warm and beautiful that I hiked 3 times a day. And my calfs were so sore. I also want to include, again, more hiit/cardio type workouts. And yoga. Lots of yoga. Maybe I'll even try trail running. Haha, yea right.
+ I am job hunting like crazy. Will has a pretty good job and I have plans to open up online shops, but any amount of additional income right now is going the be good for us. We're budgeting really well and paying of debts (thanks college that I didn't even finish), but we also really need to save too. Because we have big (and small) plans. I've heard back from a few places already, and even went through the interview process with one job opportunity (only to get an automated email saying I didn't get it ugh). I'm in a place now (right near downtown) where job opportunities are more common and frequent, so even though I have limited employment experience, I am staying optimistic.
+ I have a lovely new place to craft in, with a surface for just that, and lots of creative energy. I'm excited to create in here. I have plans for some DIYs, coming your way shortly, involving decorating in here. I am also ready to plan more for my shop.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for all the kind words yesterday about our new place! I'm settling in nicely, and you can bet your bottom I'll share more — including DIY projects and a full tour — as I make each corner my own.

What are your plans for the next month? It feels that so many of us are in the middle of big changes.
xx Emorie

5 comments :

  1. I'm trying to get into a better routine on my days "off"- rather, when I'm not in school. I'm much more productive and I feel much more balanced about my life when I'm in a routine. Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. somecallmecjMarch 04, 2014

    I'm so jealous you have some routine flexibility! I try to be as routine as possible, but working a full-time retail job makes that pretty difficult. I'm working on it, though! Sending well-wishes your way for the job hunt! It may take awhile (I've been there and didn't find anything for over a year, and now that I have, the transition is exciting but difficult) but don't be discouraged! You'll find something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about feeling like you fell asleep on Jan 31st and woke up in March - this year is going to fast!!
    I am excited to see your DIY projects - a space just for that - lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CuddlyCactiMarch 05, 2014

    wow! i'm impressed you wake up so early on your own. that is soo adorable you pack a lunch for will in the morning and help him get off to work, it melts my heart : ). i'm not in a good sleeping schedule right now since i quit my job, since all of my classes but yoga twice a week are in the evening & it's taking SUCH a huge toll on me, like last night i fell asleep at 6am. how rediculous, i shouldnt have even gone to bed. anyway, best of luck on the job search! what sort of jobs are you looking at? dont' get discouraged, that auto-email is pretty lame since you went through the interview, but it's pretty common to have to go through lots of interviews before finding something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia NelsonMarch 13, 2014

    you wake up at 6:30 everyday? of your own free will? respect.

    ReplyDelete